The latest round of submissions for the ©POLAND Translation Program will take place from 1 February to 31 March.
1 February marks the first round of submissions for this year’s ©POLAND Translation Program. The program is aimed at foreign and Polish publishers interested in publishing Polish books in foreign-language translations.
The program includes:
- literature – prose, poetry, and drama;
- older and more recent works in the humanities in its broadest definition (with particular regard for books devoted to Polish culture and literature);
- non-fiction literature (literary reportage, biographies, memoirs, essays);
- history books (essays and popular history, not including specialist academic works);
- literature for children and young people;
- comic books.
The Book Institute’s support goes to financing the following publication costs:
1) up to 100% of the costs of the translation of a work from Polish to another language;
2) up to 100% of the costs of the purchase of the copyright license;
3) up to 50% of the work’s printing costs – only for illustrated children’s books and comic books.
The round of submissions will run until 31 March; submissions are to be made through the on-line form available on our web page. The winning submissions will be announced no later than 31 August.Back